Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Fred Goes To Hollywood!


So, I was looking through various sites for a good topic for this last blog (for the class, anyway), when I came across this article.

Fred is getting his own feature film.

For those of you who haven't had the...um, pleasure of seeing a Fred video on YouTube, let me break them down for you. Fred Figglehorn (a fictional character played by 16-year-old Lucas Cruikshank) is a six year old boy with a high pitched voice. He goes around doing random things, including standing up to a bully named Kevin and crushing on a trailer-trash girl named Judy. His mom is an alcoholic and his dad is in jail. Just to give you a taste of what this internet show is like, here is a video of Fred Going Swimming.

Even though Fred's videos tend to only feature offscreen voices that interact with him, there was a casting call put out for the movie, including parts for Judy and Kevin.

Now, despite whether or not you are a fan of Fred, I seriously have to question whether he can hold his own for a good hour and a half. It's true that Fred did a cameo on the kids' show iCarly, but what works on the internet has trouble translating on to the big screen. I don't think I have the patience to listen to that voice for that long.

So, what do you think of Fred getting his own movie? How do you think it will do on the big screen? Do you think his fan following is large enough that it will do better than a "regular" movie? What are your feelings personally on Fred?

2 comments:

  1. I think this guy is a dumb genius. I don't know why people look at his Youtube videos but they do. I think they are the dumbest things I have ever seen and wouldn't be caught dead in the Fred movie, but, he has way more views than me. Way to get that 13 year old girl audience, Fred.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can’t stand Fred. My kids watch iCarly and I have seen that episode with Fred numerous times. There is no way that I would spend money on that movie. What amazes me is how popular it is on YouTube and that the number of people keep growing who are watching this show. I know that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but that voice alone is enough to drive me up the wall.

    ReplyDelete